Platinum Marine is currently seeking motivated and reliable individuals, skilled in cabinet making and woodworking, to join our Yacht Joinery team. The successful applicant will have strong work ethic and ensure overall objectives are met safely, effectively, and efficiently. Key responsibilities are as follows:
- Building and installing cabinets and millwork
- Reading and interpreting blueprints, technical drawings, and lofting.
- Accuracy and proficiency of hand tools, power tools, and sliding table saw.
- Install prefabricated/custom parts such as hatches, marine hardware, stainless steel trim, seats, and other parts.
- Use of epoxies and vinyl ester resins or other adhesives used to bond parts.
- Demonstrate safe work practices at all times.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and goal-oriented environment and adapt quickly to new procedures.
- Benefits package which include Medical, Dental, Travel and Life
- Employee Family Assistance Program
- Free parking
- Flexible work week schedule
Excellent organizational, communication, problem-solving, and time management skills.
- Cabinet Making/joinery: 2+ years
- Boat specific experience a strong asset
- Apprentices welcome
- Strong working knowledge of the marine industry and woodworking.
- Efficient with compound angles, bevels, and miter work throughout.
- Fabrication and installation of teak decking a strong asset.
- Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team.
- Must be reliable, honest, and punctual.
- Positive attitude, flexible, team player and respect for others.
- Candidate must possess their own hand tools.
- Red Seal certification (or apprenticeship) or equivalent level experience.
- First aid, forklift, or other certifications are an asset but not required.
Reporting to the Cabinetry Supervisor, the candidate’s time will be primarily spent in the cabinetry shop and on the shop floor. Our workshop is in a covered, heated building. Morning and Afternoon shifts available. Day Flex Shift; Monday to Thursday or Tuesday to Friday, 7:00am – 5:15pm. Afternoon Shift (10-hour days, 4 days a week); Monday to Thursday 1:00pm – 11:15pm. Afternoon shift offers $3.00 per hour premium above standard trade wages from the Day shift.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $22.00-$35.00 per hour